What is the benefit of working with Window Treatment Specialists?
Last week a couple of things happened that made me really think about this. What is the benefit of dealing with a specialist in a certain field? Why work with a Window Treatment Specialist?
A friend of mine operates a Security/Locksmithing business and over breakfast he described a new client interaction he had earlier in the week where the client need a lockset changed on a commercial door. When they went to do the work, they realized that the door was a fire door, with the appropriate fire rating, but the hardware was not. Did you know that a fire-rated door also requires fire-rated hardware to meet code? A specialist like my friend does, and as he tells it the customer was very frustrated to learn the hard way that his previous installation was inadequate and that he had to spend his hard-earned money all over again.
Funny to hear that story, because I also had a similar interaction. A suburban strip mall restaurant owner had called me in as a 3rd or 4th quote on a drapery job for the front of his restaurant. First thing that I noticed was that the treatment proposed by previous companies would have obscured a fire exit. Obviously rendering a fire exit inaccessible is not something that would go over well in a visit from the fire authorities! Nor would the fabric specified and requoted by all subsequent companies that was not fire rated. Commercial premises require Fire Rated fabrics, a distinction overlooked until I looked at the project. What did all the companies have in common? Window treatments are a sideline to their main business. With a paint company, a flooring company and a decorator quoting, the regulatory requirements of the project were totally overlooked. The customer was as pleased to learn that I had potentially saved him from some major fines, as he was angry that the others had potentially left him at risk.
So, the obvious benefit of dealing with a specialist is that we simply have more experience in our field, with the knowledge to avoid expensive pitfalls. What else could be an advantage?
- Better knowledge of the product lines equals better advice on products that really meet your needs from the functional side of the equation.
- More volume in a single product category equals better pricing.
- Good advice means you get the right product the first time, without having to pay for the learning curve of your supplier.
- The best trades sales people have field experience and have actually seen the installed finished product on a regular basis. They can install it and troubleshoot if there are any issues.
- We have a passion for the business. And therefore we are enthusiastic to help you find the right solution.
- We have a focus that allows us to learn more about the technical aspects of the trade, and therefore we give you better advice.
I’m a do it myself kind of guy in many ways, having grown up in a predominately farming community it is a big part of how I was raised. However, I’ve learned time and time again to trust the experts. It saves me time, money, and gives me great peace of mind.
Do you have a similar story that comes to mind? Please share in the comments below!
Window Treatment Specialists
Contact us today for your free shop@home consultation. Remember that here at Steven’s Creek Shutter Company we are Specialists in Custom Window Treatments. We focus on one business in order to bring you the knowledge and experience required to guarantee you full value for your project. We are happy to hear from you with any questions you may have.
Call today 613-706-1250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org