Stevens Creek Shutter Company is following all the available guidance in creating a safe workplace, and to working with our customers in a safe manner. The guidance includes readily available documentation from the Workplace Safety and Prevention Services of Ontario.
As well as direct guidance from the Leeds Grenville Public Health Unit.
We have separated our measures to cover the three separate manners in which we engage our clientele. In store retail consultations, in home consultations, and installations.
Decor Centre is Curbside Only
Our Decor Centre at 2678 County Road 43 in Kemptville is open for Curb Side pick up only for the time being, in accordance with the regulations currently governing businesses in Ontario. We are also offering Delivery. Please Call, Text or Email before coming to the shop, as per regulations our doors are locked for visitors.
In Home Consultations go Virtual
We are now offering our initial visit as a virtual consultation. Via your favourite video messaging platform we meet virtually with clients to get a good sense of their project. We have these meetings from our design studio, which allows us to show more options and examples than when we start with a home visit. Once we have a good idea of what to bring, and have narrowed down the options, we book an in home visit. You still get a chance to see and feel the samples directly, we just minimize the amount of time that we may be face to face. This way we are still able to provide great service, while maintaining a minimum of risk. More on virtual consultations below.
We pausing our Installation Services as of Saturday April 17th which include measuring, installation and repairs. We will resume when the lockdown is lifted or more industry specific guidance is released.
Below are the steps we take once we resume to protect our clientele and ourselves.
- Staff are to closely monitor any potential symptoms and will report as such any concerns. Daily temperature checks are in place. We will have a strict Isolation protocol if any symptoms present themselves out of an abundance of caution.
- Clients need to attest that they are not under isolation protocols in their homes at the time of installation or measurements.
- PPE is available including hand sanitizer, masks, and disposable booties.
- Separate vehicles, tools and equipment, with vehicles being regularly cleaned.
- Customers are asked to leave the premises for the duration of the installation when possible, in order to guarantee that no unnecessary contact is made. It could be a drive around the block, a couple of hours on the deck, etc. The installation can be monitored by clients via their online device or security systems while in progress.
- Product will be unboxed off premises and wherever possible we will restrict the footprint of the installation process to the immediate area.
- We ask that clients refrain from handling the window treatments for 72 hours out of an abundance of caution.
- Further precautions will be made upon the advice of the authorities.
- We appreciate the patience and understanding of our clients during this unprecedented time period.
We are now offering Virtual Consultations to our clients from the Stevens Creek Shutter Company Design Studio. Virtual Consultations start with an online visit to your space via smart phone or tablet video messaging applications such as Facetime, Skype or Zoom.
How do these Consultations Work?
Step 1 – We schedule an appointment, and decide on which video platform would work best for you
Step 2 – We walk through your project window by window and answer some questions about what you are looking for in regards to functional window treatments for your project.
Step 3- We consult with you about ideas that you like for your windows. We help you to take some basic measurements required to proceed with quoting your project.
Step 4 – We create a design just for you. We likely schedule a second meeting at this step where we provide you with a quotation on your project, as well as some illustrations to help visualize the end results.
Step 5 – You are ready to roll with the project, we come out under the installation protocols listed above and take professional measurements. We can also leave samples of your choices at this time for final approvals.